Friday, September 28, 2007

The Voice of the Martyrs

I would encourage you to go to The Voice of the Martyrs site and sign up for their weekly e-mail updates. If you are anything like me, sometimes you need a bit of an eye-opener. This morning's e-mail once again lent me some perspective to my own life and some reality to the prayers I pray. Here's just a little excerpt from today's prayer alert for a pastor in China, who can no longer walk on his own and will likely die in prison if he is not released soon:
"He still has four years remaining of the seven-and-a-half year sentence he received after his arrest in 2004. He already had previously spent 12 years in prison for his faith during five separate detentions. He experienced harsh torture, including electric shock, during his previous prison terms. Pray for Pastor Zhang's healing and for his release from prison. Pray the Holy Spirit will encourage him and that his testimony will draw nonbelievers into the knowledge of Christ."

1 comment:

The Friendless Man said...

I like that site. By the way, I am a *huge* user of Google Reader and that site just added a RSS feed making it very nice for me to catch any news updates they add (as well as for anyone else who would like to subscribe to their RSS feed).